13.9.08

Colleagues vs Best Friends vs Soul Mates

A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. William Shakespeare (1564-1616) British poet and playwright.

I had coffee with a good friend today who opened my eyes to the evil that friends are capable of. This friend has been telling me this for yonks , i gess i just did not want to accept the sad possibility. I am naive to a large extent because i feel that if i treat others with respect and genuine love, i would receive the same.
I am slowly learning that it is not.
With all the drama happening around me, everyone wants a piece of my life. But my life is my own. Rented possibly but my own. I decide my destiny. I decide who my friends are. I decide who is my soul mate. I decide where i walk to and with who i walk with...
I don't need 10 fake friends , just 3 true ones. Thankfully i know that i have 10 true friends and 3 fake ones. Not a lot of us can say this with conviction. I'm glad that i can.

No comments: