21.8.08

Tuk Tuk-ing in Phuket


I need a holiday from the last holiday because it was physically exhausting and even worse emotionally draining. So i am hoping the KK holiday would ease the pain a lot.
I am a real coward when it comes to braving the local delicacies mainly because i have the weakest tummy. My tongue loves spicy but my Swedish stomach detests it. I carry charcoal tablets ALL the time with me. I have had some disgusting encounters after digesting unclean,uncooked and unimaginable food which i will not get into because i intend to earn off my blog sometime in the future.
Long story short. I tried this somtam which is papaya ( which does not look like papaya nor taste like one ) with local thai sauces,chilies,grounded nuts etc. It costs RM4 only. That clay looking bowl that the lady is facing is the mixing bowl which looked like it was not cleaned in 3 months nor the utensils used to mix it. But since i am on a life makeover with a 31 things to do/see/be before i die , i thought it was only appropriate to screw my stomach over.
A must try if in Thailand. I tried this in Patong,Phuket. I had this almost every day with heaty repurcussions down under. YES Benny there is a word such as heaty :)


No comments: